7/13/11

Honk If You're a Hypocrite

Last Saturday we were on our way home from running errands, and we pulled up to a four way stop. Standing directly to my right on the sidewalk was a high school age girl holding a sign that read:

"Car Wash! Honk If You Love Jesus!"

Since I was eye level with this girl, and I'm not a rude person by nature, I smiled at her. A big "hey, you're having a car wash! I'm not religious, but that doesn't matter because you're another human being and you're standing right there and I'm in a great mood!" smile.

And you know what? That girl SCOWLED at me. She gave me a heathen beat down via facial expression. How she knew I was a heathen, I do not know. (She could not yet see my Coexist bumper sticker, I am certain). Why she chose to use all those tricky frown muscles instead of the easy smile ones, I can't begin to guess. All I know is that she made a deliberate choice to be downright rude to a complete stranger.

So, to you, vinegar faced high school chick: Open your horizons and try smiling back once in a while.

I'm pretty sure it's what Jesus would do.

2 comments:

  1. Glad I found you. ;) I was here before but I wasn't sure where I was...

    Also, high school girls are dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are!

    Rude people suck no matter what age they are!

    had to come back and edit because my verification word was hedlyce which in my mind reads head lice. Yes.

    ReplyDelete